Products / REAL y-Series™ – Physical and Cognitive Rehabilitation
REAL y-Series™ – Physical and Cognitive Rehabilitation
REAL y-Series is a fully immersive, goal-oriented virtual reality rehabilitation tool designed to fuel intrinsic motivation, which allows therapists to challenge and engage patients in new ways — from head to toe — in pursuit of their individual goals.
Potential Focus Areas:
- Shoulder Range of Motion (ROM)
- Knee ROM
- Full-body strengthening
- Spine stablization
- Hip ROM
- ADL training
- Functional reaching
- Fine motor skills
- Object recognition
- Attention sequencing
- Command following
REAL y-Series delivers on the promise to continuously drive value to clinicians and engage patients with:
- Enhanced Experiences and Activities
- Enhanced interface within TherapyView (the clinician’s hub on the tablet)
- Next generation hardware designed for quick, easy performance
TherapyView: Clinician’s Hub for Ongoing Patient Rehabilitation
TherapyView is a tablet application that allows clinicians to guide patient sessions and customize REAL Experiences, tailoring Activities to each patient’s specific needs and goals.
The tablet’s full-screen user interface shows the content the patient sees while wearing the headset. With this tablet view, clinicians can guide patients through each activity and interact with the patient experience in real time.
Enhancements in TherapyView:
- Adjustable settings are designed to challenge, motivate, and engage patients in infinite ways
- REAL Home™ provides a serene, visual scanning experience where patients can adjust to using the virtual reality headset
- Rewards-based feedback provides intrinsic motivation to patients and builds upon prior session’s progress for motivation and positive reinforcement
- Unlimited therapist and patient profiles can be stored across multiple sessions
- Detailed information cards and activity descriptions help clinicians identify experiences and activities by motion and cognitive tasks
Immersive Rehabilitation Experiences and Activities
REAL y-Series offers VR therapeutic activities designed to meet individual patient needs and maximize rehabilitation journeys. Each experience offers a variety of virtual worlds with clinically designed rehabilitation activities to enable patients to regain mobility, develop strength, and increase range of motion (ROM).
A delightful world of penguins that supports physical & cognitive rehabilitation
Music in Motion™
A vibrant musical experience inspiring full body movement to different rhythms
Help island citizens in a city of antics and work on multi-directional movements to complete tasks
A relaxing and engaging experience to address cognitive and motor skills
Aim for your highest scores in this fast-paced, vintage pinball experience to work on functional movement patterns
Engage in a lively marketplace that emphasizes high-level cognitive skills
Harness the Power of Immersive Therapeutics
REAL y-Series comes with a portable kit that contains a virtual reality headset, a tablet, and hands-free sensors for easy setup and storage. It is an FDA Class II exempt technology specifically designed for rehabilitation. REAL y-Series is an extension of the flagship REAL System with enhancements, including:
- Next generation technology
- Enhanced sensor technology that supports full-body tracking
- Enhanced tracking capability
- New headset designed to improve optics and performance
Potential Areas of Use:
- Physical rehabilitation: Physical therapists focus on rehabilitating physical injuries and disorders. Physiatrists may potentially identify physical rehabilitation that may prevent further injury.
- Occupational rehabilitation: Occupational therapists focus on returning injured workers to daily work activities through their function and cognitive capacity.
- Speech language therapy: Speech language pathologists aide patients in speech and/or language disorders that include articulation, fluency, and voice.
- Acute care rehabilitation: Rehabilitation of physical and cognitive impairments following traumatic injury.
- Inpatient/Outpatient rehabilitation: Used for acute care as well as part-time programs for patient rehabilitation.
- Long-term healthcare: Variety of rehabilitation therapies designed to meet patient needs for a long period of time.
- Rehabilitation treatment plans: A clinician’s active participation plan designed to achieve the highest level of function possible for their patient.
Procedural and operative techniques and considerations are illustrative examples from healthcare provider experience. Healthcare providers’ treatment and technique decisions will vary based on their medical judgment. Individual results may vary depending on patient-specific attributes and other factors.
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a healthcare provider. Prior to use, please refer to the Instructions for Use (IFU) for complete product indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse events, and detailed instructions for use. Please click here for the complete IFU. Please contact your local REAL Territory Manager for more information.
Copyright ©2022 Penumbra, Inc. All rights reserved. REAL, REAL y-Series, TherapyView, REAL Home, Happy Valley, Music in Motion, Island Antics, Pleasant Cove, REAL Pinball, and Mindful Market are registered trademarks or trademarks of Penumbra, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
23402, Rev. C 11/22 USA