Products / REAL y-Series™ – Physical and Cognitive Rehabilitation
REAL y-Series™ – Physical and Cognitive Rehabilitation
REAL y-Series™ is a comprehensive virtual reality rehabilitation tool for providers and their patients. This unique therapy tool is designed specifically for healthcare providers to monitor and advance patient goals, driving patient engagement, satisfaction, and adherence.
REAL y-Series delivers on the promise to continuously drive value to clinicians and engage patients with enhanced experiences and activities, a new enhanced interface within TherapyView™, the clinician’s hub on the tablet, and next generation hardware for quick and easy performance.
Potential Rehabilitation Professional Usage may include:
- Physical rehabilitation: Physical Therapists focus on rehabilitating physical injuries and disorders. Physiatrists may potentially identify physical rehabilitation that may prevent further injury.
- Occupational rehabilitation: Occupational Therapists focuses on returning injured workers to daily work activities through their function and cognitive capacity.
- Speech language therapy: Speech language pathologists aide patients in speech and/or language disorders that include articulation, fluency, and voice.
- Acute care rehabilitation: Rehabilitation of physical and cognitive impairments following traumatic injury.
- Inpatient/Outpatient rehabilitation: Used for acute care as well as part-time programs for patient rehabilitation.
- Long term health care: Variety of rehabilitation therapies designed to meet patient needs for a long period of time.
- Rehabilitation treatment plans: A clinician’s active participation plan designed to achieve the highest level of function possible for their patient.
TherapyView: Clinicians Hub for Ongoing Patient Rehabilitation
TherapyView is a tablet application that allows clinicians to guide patient sessions and customize each REAL experience, tailoring each activity to their patients’ specific needs and goals.
The full-screen user interface shows the content the patient sees while wearing the headset. With this tablet view, clinicians can guide patients through each activity and interact with the patient experience in real time.
Enhancements in TherapyView:
- Adjustable Settings: to challenge, motivate, and engage patients in infinite ways
- REAL Home: Provides a serene, visual scanning experience where patients can adjust to using the virtual reality headset
- Rewards-based feedback: Provides intrinsic motivation to patients and builds upon prior session’s progress for motivation and positive reinforcement
- Unlimited therapist and patient profiles: Store progress across multiple sessions
- Detailed information cards and activity descriptions: Help clinicians identify experiences and activities by motion and cognitive tasks
Immersive Rehabilitation Experiences and Activities
REAL y-Series offers 18 new therapeutic activities designed to meet individual patient needs and maximize their rehabilitation journey. Each experience offers a variety of virtual worlds with rehabilitation activities designed to enable patients to regain mobility, develop strength, and increase range of motion (ROM).
A delightful world of penguins that supports physical & cognitive rehabilitation
Music in Motion™
A vibrant musical experience inspiring rhythmic upper body and core movement
Help island citizens in a city of antics and work on multi-directional movements to complete tasks
A relaxing and engaging experience to address cognitive and motor skills
Aim for your highest scores in this fast-paced, vintage pinball experience to work on functional movement patterns
Engage in a lively marketplace that emphasizes high-level cognitive skills
Harness the Power of Immersive Therapeutics
REAL y-Series comes with a portable kit that contains a virtual reality headset, a tablet, and sensors for easy setup and storage. It is an FDA Class II exempt technology specifically designed for rehabilitation. REAL y-Series is an extension of the flagship REAL System with enhancements, including:
- Next generation technology
- New sensors designed to improve EM and RF interference rejection
- Enhanced tracking capability
- New headset designed to improve optics and performance
Procedural and operative techniques and considerations are illustrative examples from healthcare provider experience. Healthcare providers’ treatment and technique decisions will vary based on their medical judgment. Individual results may vary depending on patient-specific attributes and other factors.
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a healthcare provider. Prior to use, please refer to the Instructions for Use (IFU) for complete product indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse events, and detailed instructions for use. Please click here for the complete IFU. Please contact your REAL Care Specialist for more information. 23402, Rev. B 03/22